Making Them Pay For Police Misconduct
Police officers are supposed to keep citizens safe, protecting us and doing all they can to ensure that laws are obeyed. Who can you turn to when the cops are lawbreakers and you need protection from the police?
You turn to a law firm known across Chicago, Cook County and northern Illinois as one that delivers justice to those who have been abused at the hands of police officers. The skilled lawyer at our firm, Christopher Smith Trial Group, is relentless in the fight against police misconduct whether it is in the city or in the suburbs.
A Record Of Holding The Police Accountable
No one should have to endure police misconduct, but the thought of taking on the police department is intimidating. You don’t have to take them on alone. With our Chicago police misconduct attorney on your side, the law becomes a weapon you use to fight injustice.
That’s a fight we have fought many times and won. Here is a brief sample of our results in police misconduct lawsuits:
- $7.9 million: For our client in Jackson v. City of Chicago, who was subjected to wrongful arrest and false accusations that resulted in 10 months in jail on a charge that was eventually dropped.
- $3.7 million: Awarded to our clients in Adams v. City of Chicago. They had been beaten, subjected to racial epithets and falsely charged by city cops.
- $3.5 million: A jury verdict in a police choking case.
- $560,000: False arrest and malicious prosecution against our client.
- $300,000: A settlement for women who were sexually harassed by an officer.
- $250,000: Jury verdict in a case of false arrest.
- $1.2 million: A settlement for false arrest.
- $790,000: A jury award for false arrest and illegal search.
Our record of results shows that our attorneys are devoted to protecting your civil rights and that they fight police misconduct to win. We are also proud to represent prisoners in jails and prisons who have suffered rights violations behind bars.
No Matter The Form Of Police Misconduct, We Will Be On Your Side
Regardless of the type of police misconduct, we will provide resolute representation in negotiations and litigation for cases, including:
- Excessive use of force and police brutality
- Unjustified shootings
- Illegal search and seizure
- Sexual assault and harassment
- False arrest and malicious prosecution
- False imprisonment and unlawful detainment
- Coerced confession
- Racial and ethnic profiling
- Wrongful death
We will stand with you, fighting for justice and to maximize compensation.
Do You Have Grounds To Sue The Police?
We are ready to help. Our civil rights lawyer can determine if the police violated your rights and what your legal remedies might be. Call 312-432-0400 to schedule an appointment or contact us online.